JOIN THE APL VOLUNTEER TEAM!
Your tasks, should you choose to become a volunteer, may include the following:
- Straightening puzzles and toys, shifting books, disc cleaning, etc…
- Possibly some light cleaning (dusting, washing the chalkboard, cleaning the erasers, wiping off DVDs/CDs/Board Books, etc…)
- Refilling displays
- Assisting at special events
- Other tasks that arise, such as stapling, crafts, etc…
In order to be a volunteer you must:
- Be entering the 7th grade or older.
- Be familiar with the library.
- Dress neatly and arrive on time.
- Call the library as soon as possible, if illness or an emergency prevents you from working an assigned shift.
- Be ready to work: do not bring along friends/siblings/children that could distract you from your job.
- Refrain from bringing any personal items with you unless needed.
Tips for working with children:
- Respect the children you work with.
- Show your enjoyment and enthusiasm.
- Be aware that children are taught that strangers should not touch them, so do not initiate close contact.
- Report any problems to a library staff member immediately.
Please fill out the application and return it to the Youth Desk at the APL.