Aram Public Library offers a variety of special services and adaptive technologies to assist those with diverse needs.
Services for those with mobility concerns
- Parking – Handicap accessible parking is located at the south entrance
- Building Entrance – The south entrance to the library features no steps and automatic doors
- Handicap Accessible Restrooms – On the lower level of the library
- Wheelchair Accessible Catalogs – On the lower level of the library in the Children’s Room and on the east side of the Adult Services Desk
- Retrieval of Library items – books, periodicals, CDs, DVDs, and so on. Just ask!
- Specialized materials
- large print books
- audiobooks (on CDs, Playaways and digital)
- captioned DVDs
- downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks
- Braille Books
- Wisconsin Talking Book and Braille Library (information and applications)
- access to online learning through Badgerlink
- LEAP (Library eBook Accessibility Program) – available through Wisconsin’s Digital Library (OverDrive) link, materials which can be read with computers, assistive reading devices, braille printers, and MP3 players
- Interlibrary Loan – Materials can be requested from libraries outside of the Lakeshores Library System. Contact the library for further details.
- Home Delivery – Contact the library for further details.
- Photocopying assistance – Please inquire at the Adult Services Desk.
- This is My Library: Aram Public Library – A story in simple words and pictures about the Aram Public Library. It is a resource that can be used when preparing individuals of all abilities for a visit to the library.
- Literacy Corner – selection of fun child development toys for children of all abilities. Great literacy activities to encourage growth in communication skills in preschool children and those with special needs.